Click here for the church calendar of services and events
Why we worship
Worship is the heart of what Christians do when we come together. We believe passionately in the importance of carefully reading, listening to, and preaching the word of God, and of prayerfully receiving the Sacraments.
So our services usually follow a liturgical pattern incorporating a variety of musical styles, but in a relaxed way that expresses our relationship of children of a loving Father. Nobody minds if anyone stands or sits at different times or isn’t too familiar with the service. There’s always someone nearby to help!
We aim to engage in worship that honours God and feeds the human mind and spirit as it builds the church.
We usually use the Book of Common Prayer (BCP) or Common Worship (CW) but we also enjoy other liturgies and forms of worship. Check the Latest News or our Facebook page for details of special services and events.
Children of all ages take part as choristers, servers, readers, prayers and welcomers. There are also creche facilities and a Junior Church every Sunday morning except the first.
Sunday Services at St Thomas, Elsfield
- 11.00am Matins (BCP) usually on the 4th Sunday of each month
- Monday 9 am Morning Prayer at St Nicholas
- Tuesday 8.30 am Morning Prayer at St Nicholas
- Wednesday 9.30 am Holy Communion, followed by coffee at St Nicholas.
- Thursday 9 am Morning Prayer at St Thomas of Canterbury
- Thursday 3.30 pm Quiet Prayer at St Nicholas
- Friday. 9 am Morning Prayer at St Nicholas