Children and young people are a valued part of our church. We have a number of groups for children and run groups such as Youth Emmaus for young people.
On Sundays, children begin worship in the Church Hall and join us in church at the Peace for the remainder of the service. Children come forward with their parents and receive a blessing at the communion rail.
We have a Crèche for 0 – 3s and a Junior Church for age 3+.
- Crèche: Parents are welcome to bring babies or toddlers to the services and to take them out to the vestry (with changing facilities and toys) whenever they need. Crèche leaders are on hand to help or to look after them if parents wish to return to the service.
- Junior Church: Meets every Sunday (except the first Sunday in the month) during school terms at 10.00 a.m in the Church Hall. Children are welcome from age 3. We do not have an upper age limit, and young people leave us to attend the main church service when they feel ready. We do encourage teenagers who stay with us to help with teaching some of the younger children and we run a special programme to prepare them for this.Contact: Eileen Palayiwa. Tel: 01865 725423
Other groups include:
- Junior Choir: Friday evening practice; Third Sunday singing in church.For all trebles aged 7-18 years, boys and girls equally welcome. Practices are Friday evenings in the church from 6.00 until 6.45pm. The choir sings at one service per month (normally third Sundays) at the 10.00am Parish Communion and occasionally other special services. No prior musical knowledge or experience is required; this will be taught as the prospective chorister progresses working towards medals using the RSCM Voice for Life scheme. Pick up a leaflet in church for more information.Contact: Neil Barker. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Emmaus: Saturday evenings.Contact: Rob Glenny. Tel: 01865 727871. Email: email@example.com.
- Baby and Toddler Group: Wednesday mornings.This warm and welcoming group is for parents/carers with babies and young children (up to school age) and meets on Wednesday mornings from 9.30am – 11.30am during term time. Tea, coffee, and biscuits are provided. It is funded by the church so there is no charge.
Contact: Gill Hale. Tel: 01865 248260. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
And the one who was seated on the throne said, “See, I am making all things new.”